Our Cities and Town's Infrastructure




We have more than 5 cities and towns in Zimbabwe, and I've been to Harare, Bulawayo, Mutare, and Masvingo. Yes, these Cities are in different places, but there seems to be one thing that always bothers me, and that is a lack of maintenance.

What exactly am I talking about?

Remember that we all have different points of view. When it comes to maintenance, I'm going to focus on roads and sidewalks.
I always wanted a skateboard and a scooter as a kid, but buying them was a waste of time because our roads and pavements were in such bad shape and are still in a bad shape.
I'm not sure if we still have people in charge of maintaining this infrastructure.



My List of simple things that bothers me

Starting with our roads :

i. Road Markings





what I anticipate





The lack of road markings irritates me greatly because it will be difficult to navigate and know your lane, especially if you are unfamiliar with the area.

Also, I doubt that self-driving cars will be able to navigate because they currently rely on road markings.


ii. Pavement / Sidewalk deterioration






If you look closely at the above pavement or sidewalk, you will never be able to tell if it is a sidewalk.
Another case of neglect :(




what I anticipate







`iii. Dustiness








I don't know about you guys 😂😂, but I despise the dustiness and sandiness of our cities and towns.





Conclusion

Whoever is in charge of our infrastructure should be held accountable for the destruction.

No comments